Just thinking about making these makes me spontaneously drool. I normally make a bunch of batches for Christmas morning and to giveaway and people beg me for the recipe and thank me for it being so painless. Enjoy!
Step by Step Directions:
1. Knead the dough by hand, food processor, or your dough setting on your bread machine. If you’re having a rough day kneading by hand can help you get your frustrations out and can be a little therapeutic : )
2. Roll out your dough onto a clean countertop or surface. Then using a knife (or in my case a silicone basting brush) liberally spread the desired amount of melted butter across the entire dough surface. Make sure the dough is rolled into the closest resembling shape of a rectangle as you can get it to.
3. Then by hand crumble brown sugar across the dough’s surface. I use light or dark brown sugar, it just depends on what I have in my pantry or what mood I’m in.
4. Now lightly sprinkle cinnamon across the dough’s surface. This is the third layer (butter, brown sugar, then cinnamon). You can add sliced or crumbled nuts if you want to. I’m allergic, but I can imagine walnuts or pecans would be great with this recipe.
5. Roll dough tightly into jelly roll.
6. Now use a knife, floss, or as pictured above a pastry scraper to cut out your sticky buns!
7. Grease your pan and also preheat your oven if you haven’t already done so.
8. Place rolls next to each other and using your thumb press the center down (so they wont pop up while baking). When pan is full place into preheated oven and follow the directions above.
9. Take out and let them cool slightly.
10. FROST and ENJOY!